Black History Month Business Entrepreneurs and Business Founders Competition
The below terms and conditions relate to the Black History Month competition for Business Entrepreneurs and Business Founders supported GAP UK.
Terms and Conditions for the Business Entrepreneurs and Business Founders Competition Grant
By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions“). Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The Promoter of the Competition is Black Pound Day Limited (“the Promoter”), registered 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old and be legally resident within the United Kingdom (if they are a sole trader) or registered in the United Kingdom if they are a partnership or limited company. As at the commencement date of the Competition, entrants must have a legal business operating in the United Kingdom or be in the process of registering a legal business operating in the United Kingdom. Employees and agents of Black Pound Day Limited and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Competition are not eligible to take part. The Promoter reserves the right to require entrants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Competition including, but not limited to, providing such documentation requested by the Promoter to evidence their trading status, their residency and the legal registration of their business. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant and to require the return of any prize already awarded in full.
- The Competition commences on Friday 22 October 2021 and all entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on the closing date of Sunday 21 November 2021 (the “Closing Date“).
- The Competition will be promoted on the Black Pound Day website at the following URL address: www.blackpoundday.uk The competition details can be found at the following URL: https://blackpoundday.uk/bhm2021-competition (the “Website“). To enter the Competition you must send an email to [email protected] with a short statement about your business and how you would like to use the prize fund and the impact it will have on your business progression. The statement can be submitted in writing up to a maximum of 500 words or by video submission of no longer than 3 mins.
- Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry, as stated above, will be eligible. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Entrants may only win one prize, irrespective of the number of entries submitted. At the end of the Competition, entrants’ entries will not be returned to them. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have accurately and truthfully completed all application forms associated with the Competition and that all details and/or information provided as part of an entry to the Competition are true and correct. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter immediately in the event that they discover any details and/or information provided is false, inaccurate or misleading in any way and entrants acknowledge that the Promoter may disqualify their entry from the Competition in such an event.
- All entrants agree that if they win a prize grant participate in promotional comms upon receipt of the grant and a follow-up 3-months later to share how the funds were allocated and impact on their business.
- The winner of the Competition will be the entrant who is considered to have:
- Must be Black-owned businesses meaning of African descent. If the business is co-owned the Black business owner should have at least 50% ownership.
- The business should be less than two years old and in the early stages of development.
- The business or business idea should be innovative, fun and exciting ideas that offer something unique or different or tell a powerful story.
- Based in the UK
- The winner of the Competition will be selected by Friday 31 December 2021 or such alternative date(s) by the Promoter based upon the winners criteria stated in clause 7. In all matters relating to this Competition, the Promoter’s decision will be final. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. If a prize winner refuses or is unable to provide any details required by the Promoter for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another entrant. If a prize winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another entrant.
- Entrants accept that it is their responsibility to make sure that they are satisfied with the level of protection for their business or idea before they submit them as part of an entry to the Competition, and to take their own legal advice on this matter.
- Entrants represent and warrant that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry and that their entry to the Competition fully complies with these Terms and Conditions and: (a) is their original work and does not include the work of a third party, or if it does include such work that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing; (b) does not contain any use of the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements, in whole or in part, of any person, living, or dead without permission (proof of which must be provided to the Promoter upon request); (c) does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission in writing; (d) is not subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use (as set out in these Terms and Conditions); (e) does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any other individuals and/or entities (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter); (f) does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful or discriminatory content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), does not contain content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter); (g) does not include threats of any kind or anything that may intimidate, harass, or bully anyone, or invade the privacy of any person (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter); (h) does not violate any applicable laws or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence; (i) does not feature, refer to, or mention any brands competing with the Promoter; and (j) does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of the Promoter’s hardware or software systems. The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Competition any content submitted if it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such content.
- The Promoter gives no guarantee as to the outcome of entries to the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter to entrants for loss and damage arising from fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or that of its employees.
- The Promoter shall not be liable to entrants under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions for any indirect, economic or consequential loss or for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of use or loss of reputation. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter shall not be liable to entrants under or in connection with this Competition or these Terms and Conditions for any damage, loss or injury resulting from entrants’ entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Competition. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- The limit of the Promoter’s liability to entrants in respect of all claims arising out of or from any breach by the Promoter of these Terms and Conditions is limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Competition. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- All the Promoter’s decisions in relation to the Competition are final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence with entrants.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants shall not assign any of their rights or obligations arising from these Terms and Conditions without the prior written consent of the Promoter.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and shall supersede all previous understandings, oral or written, between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.