Kukuwa® Dance Workout (KDW®) is a unique style of fitness that is derived from cultural dance movements, from across the continent of Africa.
Kukuwa® Dance Workout classes can be taught to all ages. It is suitable for levels of fitness. The same classes are suitable for beginners, intermediate, and advanced levels of fitness. All the dance routines are such that one can choose to either walk through the whole dance class or keep up with the normal pace of the class. All dance movements are low impact, and both seniors and children can participate. Pregnant women can also take Kukuwa® Dance Workout from the start of their pregnancy to full term, depending, of course, on the approval from their doctors.
Kukuwa® Dance Workout should be done 3 times or more weekly in order to – increase flexibility, strength, coordination, build stamina, balance, burn off fat & calories and maintain fitness.
The Short-Term Benefits of Kukuwa® Dance Workout
• Improvement of cardiovascular endurance and respiratory systems
• Improvement of the efficiency of body performance
• Improvement in muscle flexibility and cardiac efficiency
• Increase in stroke volume – blood that is pumped with each heartbeat
• Lowered heart rate
• Improvement in muscular endurance and muscular strength
• Improvement in breathing capacity
• Increased capacity of respiratory ventilation
• Improved capacity for dissipating metabolically produced heat
The Long-Term Benefits of Kukuwa® Dance Workout
• Increase in lean body mass and muscle mass
• Decrease in body fat
• Positive, visible changes in body composition